The Building Blocks of the Complete Musician
Musical Talent, Technique and Mental Skills are the building blocks of the complete musician that produce outstanding musical performances. At the top level of music, where many musicians have equal talent and technical ability, the difference between a great performance and a good performance is often related to mental skills rather than talent alone.
Mental skills’ training involves a number of Strategies and Techniques musicians may use to improve their focus and concentration, while greatly improving their musical performances.
What are Mental Skills?
Internal capabilities that help musicians improve their performances by learning to control their minds efficiently and consistently as they execute the music.
Techniques that help the individual adjust their Actions, Thoughts, Feelings, and Physical Sensations in order to improve their performance results under pressure!
Mental Skills Training does this by helping you to: develop self-confidence; set goals and create a positive long-term vision; use imagery and visualization to work on performing skills; focus on concentration and attention; and help you rebound from mistakes and bad performances.
What Do I Do Now?
- It is important to stress that mental skills should be learned and developed in the same way as any musical skill — that is, they should be practiced regularly.
- But you do not have to change everything about yourself…
- Start With Just One Strategy or Technique at a time.
- Begin by watching a few videos. The videos teach Mental, Musical, and Life Skills. Just watch a few videos, and take just one concept with you.
- It may just be a Life Skill, or Mental Skill–-that will make a profound shift in your thinking. That is all it takes–It is that easy!